Young Women in Public Affairs
The Zonta Club of Mid-Maryland is seeking applications for the 2020 Zontal International Young Women in Public Affairs Award Program . Applications must be received by Februray 24, 2020. Please mails applications and support documents to Zonta Club of Mid-Maryland, c/o Erma Barron, P.O Box 187; GlennDale, Maryland 20769.
The Zonta International Young Women in Public Affairs Award is designed to encourage young women between the ages of 16-19 to participate in public affairs by recognizing the following:
- Commitment to the volunteer sector
- Evidence of volunteer leadership achievement
- Dedication to empowering women (girls) worldwide through service and advocacy
- The local Zonta Club Mid- Maryland will award a first-place award of $500, and a second-place award of $250.
- District / region award winner, which are selected from local club applicants, will receive awards of $1500.
- 10 international recipients, which are selected from district/region applicants, will receive awards of $4000.
- Young woman aged 16-19 on April 1, 2020
- Applicants are eligible to apply if they can demonstrate the following:
- Active commitment to volunteerism
- Experience in local government, student government, or workplace leadership (paid or unpaid)
- Volunteer leadership achievements
- Knowledge of Zonta International and its programs
- Support for Zonta International mission of empowering woman worldwide through service and advocacy.
- Letter from school/ institute official with verification of current enrollment, or
- Letter from employer stating employment (if applicable)
- Two confidential recommendations from adults, not related to applicant, such as teachers, school officials / employee supervisors or community leaders